Frequently Asked Questions
Stichting Platform Huurdersbelangen (SPH), or in English Foundation Platform for Tenant Interests represents the interests of tenants from the SSH& in Nijmegen and Arnhem. Several times a year the SPH will meet with the SSH& and the Municipalities of Nijmegen and Arnhem to discuss topics such as service costs, maintenance, rental policy, and renovation plans. The SPH also discusses performance agreements on topics such as: sustainability, affordability, and housing supply in the municipalities.
SPH has a board and a common committee, all of which are enthusiastic students who live in SSH& housing and help think of- and discuss topics with the SSH&. The board consists of a chair, a secretary, and a treasurer.
Furthermore there is a common committee, which selects the board. Yearly we hold a tenant discussion, where all tenants at SSH& are invited. Here the SPH will inform all tenants what they did this year and what the plans for the upcoming year are. Feel free to attend!
- Repair requests which are being systematically are being ignored/not completed to satisfaction.
- You experience problems in communication with SSH&
- SPH will strive to reach beneficial agreements for you, the tenant, with the municipality, local politics, and SSH&
You shouldn't come to us:
- When you are a tenant who does not live at SSH& Nijmegen-Arnhem.
- To mediate individual problems (in exceptional cases we can deviate from this rule)
- To help you find a place to live
- To help combat hinderances (noise, waste, etc) at your living place
- To help you with payment issues
For this we recommend you and your housemates to submit a (repair) request via the Ask Simon or website. SPH does not do anything with repairrequests.